Digital media buyers have an important role on the advertising team. But what does media buying involve? It involves getting the best advertising rates, responding to the latest audience figures by adjusting media schedules, managing budgets, and monitoring and updating clients on a campaign’s effectiveness.
Has this left you wondering what exactly does a digital media buyer do? Responsibilities include:
- Research, negotiate, and execute digital media buys
- Optimize media spend making real-time adjustments to ads, targeting, and bidding on buying platforms
- Research consumer data to optimize media plans
- Track and analyze key metrics across data sources to measure media campaign effectiveness
Digital media buyers often work for advertising agencies or individual companies. They have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong research and negotiation skills, can work under pressure and meet deadlines, have business knowledge, and are analytical thinkers.
Most digital media buyer positions require a bachelor’s degree. Not sure where to look for the right digital marketing program? Get a head start here.
- Bachelor’s, Digital Marketing at Tribeca Flashpoint College in Chicago, IL.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Marketing Communications at Berkeley College in Newark, NJ
- Bachelor’s of Science in Marketing at University of Colorado Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies at the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, TX
- Bachelor’s of Art in Communication at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI