Do you see “SEO” everywhere but you are not quite sure what it means? Search engine optimization (SEO), is the practice of improving and promoting a website in order to get more visitors and move the page to a higher ranking in the organic search results. Are you a problem solver? Do you like to prioritize, do research, and create intriguing content? If this sounds like you, or something that interests you, you may want to consider enrolling in a digital marketing program that teaches SEO or offers SEO as a focus area.
Responsibilities of an SEO specialist include:
- Creating content
- Analyzing existing content
- Updating metadata
- Creating backlinks
- Researching keywords
SEO specialists should keep up to date with new changes to search functions and adjustments to algorithms. They must be highly organized and detailed, knowledgeable on different search engines, possess strong analytical skills, and maintain good client relations.
- Bachelor’s, Digital Marketing at Tribeca Flashpoint College in Chicago, IL.
- Bachelor of Science in Internet Marketing at Franklin University in Columbus, OH.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Digital Marketing at the University of Michigan-Dearborn in Dearborn, MI.
- Bachelor of Science in Digital Marketing at Bellevue University in Bellevue, NE.