The main responsibility of an associate brand manager is to build and maintain a brand/product for a company. They help the brand manager with developing and coordinating business plans, objectives, and long-term strategy.
Other duties include:
- Assisting in the development and execution of advertising, marketing, and public relations activities to maximize sales of a brand
- Data collection related to brand performance, competitiveness, and trends in the marketplace
- Recommending strategies based on research and analysis
- Working with the sales team to identify and implement sales strategies
- Evaluate product positioning of the brand
- Manage budgets
Associate brand managers should possess the following skills:
- Leadership and management
- Business operations
- Results orientated
- Analytical thinking
Once you begin your career as an associate brand manager, oftentimes you will be able to work your way up to another position like retail store manager, marketing manager, brand manager, etc. These positions can also lead to other career paths such as office manager, sales and marketing director, brand marketing manager, etc.
A bachelor’s degree is usually required for this position, typically in marketing, advertising, or a business related field. Sometimes an MBA may be preferred.
Below is a list of bachelor’s programs that can lead you to your career as an assistant brand manager!
- Bachelor’s, Digital Marketing at Tribeca Flashpoint College in Chicago, IL.
- Bachelor’s, Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin, TX.
- Bachelor’s, Public Relations at Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY.